Thursday, October 1, 2009

Football Blues...

The QB for Christian's football team got injured last Thursday so Christian got to play 3 1/2 quarters, won (I mistakenly posted the score last time) 29-0! You'd think that would be good enough to continue being starter, wouldn't you? But, alas, it's not. They brought up a starter for the Defense and Special Teams to be QB and are currently teaching him ALL the plays while Christian looks on...again. He's so discouraged and bummed. He really loves the game and wants to play....I have no idea why they're not using him and going with someone else all ready playing quite a bit but I guess it's not my call....I just know I have a pretty upset (not boo-hooing though, after all, he's almost 15!) young man on my hands. Yet, he still goes to practice and tries his hardest...gotta give him credit for that, he's persistent. I think if given the opportunity to quit, he would have all ready. Football isn't so much fun when you just run drills and never get a chance to play in the games.

Ahhh, High School football in Texas....


No comments: